Friday, January 12, 2018

Room 8 Update

Hello Room 8 Families!


What a wonderful first full week back at school it has been! Can I just tell you how much I LOVE
your children!? They are AMAZING! They have all handled this transition like champs and have
been so helpful to me!


Here’s some updates about what’s been going on here at school:


Writing Workshop:   We are starting our “Opinion” writing unit. At the end of this unit we will be
looking for students to write an opinion piece in which they state their opinion, give reasons to support their opinion, and wrap up their writing with a conclusion. Some of the key words and phrases we will be using for this are:


“I think…”,
“In my opinion…”
“The reason I think this is because…”
“That is why I think…”


Readers Workshop:  We are rockstar readers in room 8! The focus of our shared reading will be “Literary Nonfiction” texts. These are books that give readers true information and facts but also are written to sound
like a story. We will be sharing lots of biographies this trimester!


I’m so looking forward to the rest of this year with such a wonderful group of learners.
Please do not hesitate to contact me with any questions, concerns or comments!


Best,

Courtney

No comments:

Post a Comment